We are dedicated to helping develop students into professional engineers
As a chapter of the national organization, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) - Cal Poly Pomona student branch shares IEEE's core purpose to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Cal Poly Pomona student branch exists for the betterment of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and its students. With an emphasis on Electrical and Computer Engineering, we focus on the technical, professional, and individual development of all our student engineers and non-engineers alike. We share IEEE's vision of being universally recognized for the contribution of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions.
- Industry tours to major companies, such as Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Western Digital.
- Hands-on technical workshops, including our most popular semesterly soldering tutorial.
- Informational presentations by various companies that include Raytheon, Thales, and Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
- Endlesss networking and professional communication opportunities with industry professionals and alumni working in the industry.
- Fun, engaging, social activities for our members to expand professional and social networks.
- Professional development opportunities through locally hosted conferences, such as SPAx (Student Professional Awareness Experience).
Head on over to our Get Involved page to see how you can help contribute to our mission and help support the professional, technical, and developmental opportunities that we have in store for you!